soundBlade LE provides the core mastering capabilities professionals need to make DDPs suitable for manufacturing and gold masters for electronic music delivery (EMD) with the ulimate in sound quality
A perfect add-on to your Avid® Pro Tools mix workflow, soundBlade LE breaths a depth and richness into final mixes that is simply astonishing. Add real-time gain processing to match volumes on your mixes, global Sonic Masterering peak and shelving EQ and assemble your songs into their final album sequence with spec-perfect PQ coding. Output your finished project to DDP, PMCD/CD-R, WAV or AIFF for EMD and securePlayer client reference player with 128-bit encyrption.
Mixes and finished masters sound better with soundBlade.
All soundBlade systems are based on the renowned Sonic Studio Engine (SSE) that has been used to create millions of grammy winning, smash hit commercial releases worldwide since 1992.
The most transparent sound possible
- Pristine Sonic Studio Engine 64-bit processing
- Mixes immediately sound better in soundBlade
- Depth and richness of sound stage is amazing
- Super-fast auto editing tool selection
- "No-click-ever" editing
- Real-time segment gain with up to +24db range
- Real-time fade controls
Always Real-time Processing
- Real-time segment gain
- Includes global Sonic Mastering EQ with peak and shevling filters
- Sonic Mastering Dither
Export & Deliver
- Use Mark Info Window for specification and creation of DDPs and CDRs
- Export tracks or entire albums as AIFF or BWF (with metadata)
- 10x CD-R Burn and DDP Delivery and Export
Praise for soundBlade
Gavin Lurssen, Lurssen Mastering
"soundBlade rocks! Sonic Studio's soundBlade sounds great. Everything that goes through it sounds 100% right every time."
George Massenburg, Engineer / Designer
"Love soundBlade. Right now, I'm using it for every mastering job I do!"
Dave Glasser, Airshow Mastering
"soundBlade and Quartet - a totally unique combination of the highest quality sound with excellent EQ and dynamics. I'm not a big plug-in user, but this is the plug-in to use with soundBlade."
Michael Romanowski, Coast Mastering
"I rely on Sonic Studio’s soundBlade for capture, editing and master creation— the sound is good and honest. I also use Sonic Studio’s NoNoise II for the most demanding restoration and repair work."
Jerry Tubb, Terra Nova Mastering
"We switched to Sonic Studio and use soundBlade for solid DDP and CD-R."
Eric Conn, Independent Mastering
"It's fast. Faster than Boston Wicked Fast..."
Flexible Formats, Fast Editing
- Precision stereo editing
- Precise waveforms with sample-accurate editing views
- Support for 24 bit AIFF, AIFC, WAV, BWF, FLAC, ALAC, and SD2
- Open DDP File Sets for manipulation and re-editing
- Background creation of waveforms for accurate display
- Real-time gain up to +24 db per segment
- Real-time fade control
- Familiar breakpoint gain adjustment
- Selection Reference Points (SRPs) mark your material
All Real-Time Processing
- Super fast audio-tool selection
- Advanced Metering with Details Window
- Sonic Studio Mastering EQ - minimum phase implementation
- Global EQ
- Multiple Dither Algorithms
- Sonic TPDF Shaped Triangular PDF redithering
Multiple Format Exporting
- Export as AIFF, WAV, and BWF (with metadata)
- 24- or 16-bit word length
- Export single track or full album in one step
- Export in multiple sample rates at the same time (save time)
- Includes Sonic Studio Process batch sample-rate converter
Gold Master Creation and Delivery
- Deep support for PQ / Metadata specification
- Start/End PQ, Album, Artist, and Track Information
- UPC/EAN & ISRC Codes
- Emphasis & SCMS flags
- Offset & minimum index width
- Includes CD TEXT support
- UPC/EAN & ISRC Codes
- Saves to DDP (Disc Description Protocol) 2.0 format
- Pre-master CD creation and CD-R burning
- Industry standard PQ Log creation
- Create Sonic securePlayer™ client reference player with 128-bit encryption
Options for soundBlade LE
Manual DeClick II Native
- Five DeClick algorithms
- Two DeCrackle algorithms
- Sample rate support to 192 kHz
- Background soundfile processing
- Unlimited Undo
Broadband DeNOISE II Native
- Single-ended noise reduction
- Sample rate support to 192 kHz
- Adjustable real-time algorithms
- Fast Fourier Transform (FFT)
- Noise Estimate save and recall
- Auto or manual noise estimation
1 Year of priority email, telephone, and remote log-on technical support as well as software updates for customers who own soundBlade LE.
At a minimum, soundBlade LE requires the following:
- Apple Macintosh Intel 2.6 GHz minimum or faster preferred
- 17” or larger display
- 4 GB RAM minimum, 8 GB or more preferred
- OS X 10.6.8 (Snow Leopard) or higher
- Spare USB port for iLok Smart Key
- Optional Series 300 DSP I/O Processor or other FireWire Core Audio interface
Using USB Devices:
Direct connection of a USB audio converter should be usable with soundBlade. Unlike FireWire however, USB does not provide an isochronous or time–critical data delivery mode. So, USB–attached products for external audio I/O are not recommended for either hard drives or audio interfaces when used in any pro audio production environment. USB peripherals, other than Human User Interface products such as mice and keyboards, may inter- fere with the operation of our products.
Current USB Apple Super Drives (USB2 or USB3) should perform as expected.NOTE: since Sonic Studio is unable to test every USB converter, we cannot guarantee that all USB audio converters will function at all sample rates and configurations. Connection of audio converters via USB hubs, use of USB hard disc drives and USB v1 optical disc peripherals is not recommended or supported.
Thunderbolt:Apple’s Thunderbolt input/output technology lets you connect high-performance peripherals and displays to a single port with fast data transfer rates. Sonic Studio expects no issues to arise with the connection of existing FireWire devices or drives using a Thunderbolt-to-FireWire adaptor or hub, nor with the use of future generation direct-attached drives, I/O devices and optical drives.
VST Note:To improve stability with VST plug-ins, soundBlade 2.1 and later makes use of a new folder to store VST plug-ins that are used within the application. This folder, called ‘VST-Sonic’, is created when installing soundBlade and is located at MacIntosh HD/Library/Audio/Plug-ins/. On Launch, soundBlade will look for a VST-Sonic folder in your System Plugins folder. If this folder is found, then the “Standard” VST folder is not scanned during launch. Sonic Studio recommends that you rely on Audio Units plug-ins and ONLY any VST plug-ins necessary for use in soundBlade be duplicated from the VST folder to the VST-Sonic folder in your Audio/Plug-ins folder.
Additional Notes:soundBlade 2.0.2 and later is not supported on PPC (Mac G4 or G5) hardware. soundBlade is a 32-bit application with all internal processing done at double precision.
Copyright © 2001 Sonic Studio, LLC. All rights reserved.